Monday, August 07, 2006

All Power to your arm Powergen

Now here's something you won't hear every day, I rang my electric and gas supplier on Saturday and the phone was answered on the first ring !

I was so staggered I exclaimed "wow you answered on the first ring !" the charming young man on the end of the line said something about trying to please but to be honest I was so surprised I didn't hear him.

Anyway on with the story, I had rung up to query the amount of my bills as I've only recently swapped over to Powergen and they seemed excessive, especially as I had been promised lower rates.

He took my account number from the gas account I think and was able to look at both accounts no problem, we agreed that the figures looked a bit odd so he compared them with my previous suppliers then I gave him a reading from both meters and he worked out how much I was using a month and we agreed what we thought would be a reasonable monthly charge going forward.

Ok you can get up now and stop being so melodramatic ;)

Yes you heard me right we agreed together, none of this that's the charge take it or leave it business we've all experienced in the past and none of that annoying I only deal with gas if you want to talk about electric you'll have to ring another number stuff either.

Having talked about my gas and electric bills and agreed reasonable monthly payments he asked me if he could do anything else for me and when I said no thank you that's fine he gave me a genuine goodbye before hanging up.

You could have knocked me down with a feather, the whole conversation took less than 5 minutes and I was actually smiling at the end of it.

I think the catch phrase is connected business and it's certainly popular with me, if only all business thought like this eh?

Popped into Tres Gourmet again over the weekend, he's opening a second outlet in Crystal Palace soon but can't find a manager to take over his Lower Addiscombe Road shop, I'll be amazed if he finds one as good as him but I'll keep you posted.

I've got my nephew and his girlfriend down from Scotland this week so we'll be out and about quite a bit, plenty of opportunity to experience some excellent customer service I'm sure ;)

Have a good week.

John Anslow
http://www.ffriar.com

No comments: